Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Shamrock Shuffle!

So, the Shamrock Shuffle was this morning, and Ries and I were the only two of our original group running it.  I was NOT prepared, due to me being lazy, most likely.  But Ries was definitely prepared, he ran the whole thing, including up Observatory Drive twice

I was really proud for running up Observatory the second time.  I didn't get the time I was hoping for, probably due to nausea halfway through, and right at the end (and not training sufficiently).  I probably will run another 5k before the Capitol View Triathlon in June, and also because Brandon still needs to run one :)

After the race, my mom and dad and I went to Potbelly's for lunch, and then I hiked back to the car and got changed into my kilt for the parade around the square.  I kept my running tights on underneath my kilt to keep my legs warm, and they did the trick. 

Right after the parade, I went out to REI with Regina to visit Steve, and to buy a running skort.  I've been contemplating buying one for a while, and now that its starting to get warm, I figured, why not?  Its really cute, and light-weight, so hopefully I like running in it!

Anyways, I hope you have an enjoyable rest of the week! Mine will be spent at Culvers!
Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment