Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gives you Hell

I went for my first run today since I got shin splints last week.  I wore the brace that Brandon lent me (what a nice guy), and it went a lot better than I imagined.  I picked up where I left off, and did Week 2 Day 3 this morning. 

The 5 minute warm-up walk went fine, and the beginning of my run it bothered me a bit, but it went away as I got further into it.  Towards the end it started to hurt again, but once I stopped running it was fine.  I stretched, and iced and I feel great now. :)  I plan on swimming now to help with endurance.  I'm behind in my c25k training, and I want to be ready for March 13th.  I also have a doctors appt scheduled for February 15th, so if it still hurts by then I'll bring it up.

My new shoes are still awesome though.  They are so comfortable! Huzzah! I also want to congratulate Ries on running 2 miles in 20 minutes.  Yay! 

Super Bowl Sunday is tomorrow, and we're going to have a few people over for pizza and lasagna.  I'm really excited that Culvers is closing at 5:30 so everyone can watch the game!  Dean earned bonus points there...

Have a great weekend!  Happy training!  Go Pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment